Top 10 Romantic Destinations around the World !
Whilst you’re getting all ‘Sleepless in Seattle’ this Valentines Day – here’s some things to think about for next year…The Top 10 list of Romantic Destinations around the World!
1. Sunsets on Beruwala, Sri Lanka have to be one of the most romantic things to do. Warm sea breeze,
crystal clear waters and 80 miles of white, sandy beach topped with tall palm trees and excellent food. Sri Lanka holidays might seem a bit pricey, but if you can find the right deal – they’re perfect to mark that special occasion with that special someone.
2. Central Park in New York might be one of the most visited locations in America but it still holds that romantic charm. You can go all ‘Sex and the City’ and get a horse drawn carriage ride through the park or just sit back on a bench and watch the city lights twinkle through the trees.
3. Venice has long been a romance capital; with its canals, iconic architecture and relaxed Italian culture – it’s a haven for those wanting the perfect city break. Take a private Gondola ride down the Grand Canal to experience some of the best views.
4. The famous artist Gaudi filled the city of Barcelona with some of his most famous pieces of work – the most iconic being the impressive Cathedral of Sagrada Familia. The streets are bustling with tourists and locals alike. Its compact streets and squares are filled with great Tapas, great wine and a friendly welcome – perfect to cosy up together or share in a truly unique experience. Head to Barcelona’s gothic quarter to add a bit of mystery and discovery to your trip – it’s just off the tourist trail and offers a unique perspective on the city.
5. Aah Paris – it had to be on the list. With the Eiffel tower, the Champs Élysée and the famous works at La Louvre, romance oozes out of this city. With so much to see and so many recommendations of where to go – the best idea is to relax and explore at your own pace. Stumble across some out of the way local restaurant or take to the main go-to destinations at night and experience a totally new side to this tourist hot-spot.
6. Here’s a bit of a surprise – Cape Town. Cape Town offers romance in a different way. South Africa has a lot to offer from dramatic views to warm oceans, excellent hospitality to great food and wine. It also allows you to add a spot of adventure on your romantic holiday for two. For a great sunset, look no further than Bloubergstrand or Blue Mountain Beach.
7. Cancun in Mexicomight be famous for the American Spring Break but it can offer a lot more.
The Caribbean Sea is the main reason to travel to Cancun – crystal clear waters like no other and perfect white sandy beaches mean that a resort holiday here can be one of the most romantic and enjoyable ways to enjoy Mexico holidays. Mexico is famous for excellent all-inclusive deals so if the budget fits, treat yourself!
8. If you’re looking up-market you’ve probably already looked at the Maldives. This
collection of paradise islands are the go-to for celebrities and time again feature as one the most beautiful places in the world. For a real cultural experience head to Seenu and Addu – they are the most traditional of the Atol Islands and offer so much more that the standard hotel experience.
9. Edinburgh is increasingly overlooked as a romantic destination but it really shouldn’t be. Cobbled streets, long history and one of the best welcomes anywhere in the world – Edinburgh city breaks can be the perfect mix of cosmopolitan city life, off the beaten track restaurants and at night – one of the liveliest cities in the United Kingdom. Take a walk round Edinburgh Castle at night, high on a hill and subtly lit – it can be a uniquely romantic experience.
10. Why not stick local? Without letting them know, surprise that certain someone with a booking at a local restaurant or even better a meal at home – drag out the Christmas lights and candles and you’re guaranteed to knock them off their feet. Sometimes simple is best.
Editor Note: Valentine’s Day is a special time and it would be terrific to be able to get away around that special time. For more ideas, click here.